This past season Revelstoke Mountain Resort opened for its inaugural season, on its way to becoming one of the largest resorts in North America. For the upcoming season, Revelstoke will be expanding as part of the master plan laid out by the resort operators. Here are some of the major additions:
- Continued construction in the village including a full-service restaurant, retail and rental shops and lift ticket and skier services. By the fall of 2008, the first of three condo hotels in the Nelsen
- 59 condo units, 24 luxury townhomes, more than 200 units in the three Nelsen Lodge buildings, and over 50 single-family estate lots, several zoned for private helicopter landing pads.
- Extension of the gondola, increasing the vertical by 885 feet for a grand total of 5,620 feet, the longest lift-serviced vertical descent in North America.
- A new, high-speed quad chairlift in the North Bowl area, opening up an additional 900 acres of intermediate terrain and 300 additional acres of expert skiing.
- Parking for 1,000 vehicles in the village.