The architects designing Sunshine Village’s brand new Sunshine Mountain Lodge, set in the heart of Alberta’s Banff National Park, have released a like-like rendering of what the completed hotel will look like.
The new four-star accomodation, set to open this December, will meet world class environmental standards including:
- Reuse of materials, where possible;
- Passive solar through high efficiency windows to maximize heat gain;
- A 44-per-cent reduction in water use;
- A 20-per-cent reduction in energy consumption;
- No increase in footprint over the structure it replaces;
- Site remediation and planting of natural vegetation.
For more information, check the full story on Sunshine Village’s website.